... far from ...
結構︰... far from ...
說明︰表離非常遠,後面接名詞做受詞;但 far from 可置於句首做介系詞,表非但不,以動名詞做受詞;若置於 be 動詞之後,則視為副詞,表一點也不,後面接名詞或形容詞。
It is far from my intention to do such a thing. 我根本不想做這種事。
I live far away from my school. 我住的地方離學校非常遠。
Far from working hard, he played around. 他非但不需要功,反而到處鬼混。
Far from accepting my advice, he went back on me.他非但不同意我的勸告,反而背叛了我。
His explanation was far from satisfactory1. 他的解釋一點也不让人滿意。
I am far from blaming him. 我並不是在責備他。
Far from losing money, he can hardly count his profits.
他哪裡是在賠錢,他幾乎無法計算其利潤呢!
He is far from well. 他並不健康。
It is far from the truth. 這哪裡是事實。
It is free form + N ...
結構︰主詞+be 動詞+free from+名詞
說明︰此句型意為沒有。本片語須置於 be 動詞之後,等於 without,以名詞做其受詞。
He leads a life free from care. 他過著無憂無慮的生活。
The hill is completely free from trees. 這個山丘上一棵樹也沒有。
This city is free from thieves. 這個城市沒有盜賊。
When her son returned she was at last free from anxiety.她兒子回來了,她總算解除去憂慮。
I told him not to go.
結構︰not+非述語成分
說明︰本句型的述語是一定形式,not 加在句中其他成分上,可以否定主詞、受詞或副詞。 not 用以否定非述語成分,主如果用在兩種情形:一是不這樣安排 not,就會改變句子的意義;二是用於含有對比的敘述中。
I told him not to go. 我告訴了他,叫他不要去。
He goes to school not by bus, but on foot. 他去上學不是乘公共汽車,而是走路去的。
Not a contract was to be signed. 連一個合同也沒簽。
The teacher told him not to make such a mistake again. 老師叫他不要再犯這樣的錯誤。
I went to see my friend off, not to meet him. 我是去送朋友,不是去接他。
He felt sorry for not coming to the meeting on time. 他為沒有準時到會感到非常抱歉。
No + N + V ...
結構︰No+單數名詞+一定式動詞
說明︰此句型意為沒有一。此句型No+名詞的 No 是Not a之意,有時No+名詞是No+other+名詞之意。
No animal of the horoscope is considered dumb2 or ugly or evil3.
天宮圖上的動物沒有一種被認為是愚笨的或醜陋的或邪惡的。
No student in this school is from the southern part of Taiwan.
這個學校沒有一個學生是來自南台灣的。
No grammar book is more popular than this one with senior high school students.
沒有一本文法書比這一本更受高中生的歡迎。
I dont think ...
結構︰主詞+否定式動詞+副詞/that|子句
說明︰假如否定的是後面的副詞或子句,一般是將否定詞提前移到述語中去,其意義仍然是表示否定後面的部分。像 I think,I believe,I suppose,I feel,I see 等詞語引出否定的子句時,大多是將 not 放在述語動詞部分。在口語中,特别是這樣。
I dont think its right to make such a hasty4 decision.我認為这样倉促地做出決定是不正確的。
I dont think this is worth trying. 我看這是不值得一試的。
Many people dont think it is dangerous to go mountain climbing.不少人認為爬山並不危險。
I still dont see the point you emphasized5. 我仍然弄不了解你所強調的要點。
I dont see any point of playing video games all day.我看不出整天打電動玩具备什麼意義。
I dont believe that he will come tonight. 我認為他今晚不會來。
Im not feeling very well today, I cant attend the meeting.
我今天感到不怎麼舒服,我不可以參加會議了。
He did not come here in order to attend the meeting. 他來這裡決不是要參加會議的。